The SLSG’s “Advancing your Game Webinar Series” will be offered throughout the year to sport leaders on relevant sport management topics including good governance, leadership development, strategic planning, business planning, event management and marketing, legal issues, social media, and communications.
Each webinar is hosted by one or more members of the SLSG on a topic of importance to the Canadian sport community.
November 10th @ 12:00pm EST – Covering Your Ass(ets) – What You Need to Know About Insurance
Presented by Rachel Corbett, Sport Law & Strategy Group and Nancy Au, Vice President (Sport and Recreation) at Pearson Dunn/Jones Brown Insurance Brokers.
Nancy’s brokerage insures about 80 percent of Ontario’s sport and recreation market, and she is also lead on insurance accounts for over 75 Canadian NSOs and PSOs. This no-nonsense hour-long webinar will give you a better understanding of your insurance needs and will equip you with tools to improve overall risk management within your sport organization
Our previous webinars have focused on the following themes:
- Marketing Makeover: A Live Sponsorship Proposal Critique (Jason Robinson)
- How Integral Coaching© Can Support Sport Leaders (Dina Bell-Laroche)
- Legal Compliance for Ontario-based Sport Organizations (Steve Indig & LeeAnn Cupidio)
- Tips and Guidelines for Selecting Your Athletes to Major Games (Rachel Corbett & Steve Indig)
- Risk Management Auditing for Sport Events (Jason Robinson)
- Positive Change Management (Dina Bell-Laroche)
- Human Resource Management – Avoiding the Pitfalls (Kathy Hare & Steve Indig)
- Sponsorship – Identifying and Selling your Properties (Jason Robinson)
- Risk Management (Dina Bell-Laroche)
- The NFP Act – Aftermath (Rachel Corbett & Steve Indig)