The SLSG’s “Advancing your Game Webinar Series” will be offered throughout the year to sport leaders on relevant sport management topics including good governance, leadership development, strategic planning, business planning, event management and marketing, legal issues, social media, and communications.
Each webinar is hosted by one or more members of the SLSG on a topic of importance to the Canadian sport community.
December 8th @ 12:00pm EST – Managing Risks: Your New Year’s Resolution
To assist provincial sport organizations (PSOs) in applying industry leading risk management principles, Dina Bell-Laroche, the lead facilitator for the national Risk Management Project, will be joined by LeeAnn Cupidio and Jason Robinson to share what they have learned about the value of managing risks more proactively.
Participants on this webinar will learn some of the key risk management concepts as well as participate in a live risk management process. With risk management becoming one of the key indicators of good business practice, sport leaders can learn more about how it can be useful to their staff, Board, volunteers, coaches and athletes, and how it can elevate the standard of care within their sport. Please note that registration is open until the morning of December 8th and the webinar may be recorded.
Webinar attendees will be able to purchase copies of Values-In-Action: Igniting Passion and Purpose in Sport Organizations written by Dina Bell-Laroche for $15 +HST (multiple copies get a further discount).
About the Risk Management Project: Since 2007, the SLSG has hosted risk management workshops with over 50 national, provincial and community sport organizations. Based on participant feedback, the lessons from the workshops have provided leaders with a simple yet robust framework to enhance decision-making at all levels of the organization. To better support PSOs, the SLSG has scaled the weekend-workshop approach typically used for NSOs and is offering one (1) day PSO workshops. These comprehensive workshops will teach sport leaders to identify the risks that are keeping them up at night, identify the current mitigation strategies they already have in place, and brainstorm possible new solutions. Sport leaders will walk away motivated to apply what they have learned and will have an initial risk registry built to capture the risks facing their sport organization.
Our previous webinars have focused on the following themes:
- Covering Your Ass(ets): What You Need to Know About Insurance (Rachel Corbett ft. Nancy Au)
- Marketing Makeover: A Live Sponsorship Proposal Critique (Jason Robinson)
- How Integral Coaching© Can Support Sport Leaders (Dina Bell-Laroche)
- Legal Compliance for Ontario-based Sport Organizations (Steve Indig & LeeAnn Cupidio)
- Tips and Guidelines for Selecting Your Athletes to Major Games (Rachel Corbett & Steve Indig)
- Risk Management Auditing for Sport Events (Jason Robinson)
- Positive Change Management (Dina Bell-Laroche)
- Human Resource Management – Avoiding the Pitfalls (Kathy Hare & Steve Indig)
- Sponsorship – Identifying and Selling your Properties (Jason Robinson)
- Risk Management (Dina Bell-Laroche)
- The NFP Act – Aftermath (Rachel Corbett & Steve Indig)